About a week ago, This video came across my Facebook feed. As soon as I watched it and felt uncomfortably disturbed, I set my phone on the counter, upside down and ignored it for pretty much the rest of the day. I had a mini wakeup call.
Then, I received a pitch for a product that is being launched on Kickstarter called Ned the Phone Monster. “Our brand is built around the belief that smartphones are awesome, but sometimes we are a little too addicted to them. And that we need to put down the phone more often so we can focus on our families.” Jenny Solar
This seems to be a growing trend. Smart phones are pretty awesome and there is SO much they can do to make our lives convenient, but they do have the ability to suck you in and take you away from face to face human interaction. Something to think about and be aware of.
- Do you have times when you unplug as a family?
- How do you handle the pushback from your kids?
- What types of activities do you enjoy as a family?
25 Activities to Enjoy as a Family
- Go on a bike ride
- Enjoy a nature walk
- Have a family game night
- Do volunteer work
- Go to church
- Plant a tree, flowers or veggies
- Bake a sweet treat
- Cook a meal
- Go shopping at the local Farmer’s Market
- Go camping
- Make up a cheer about your family
- Read as a family (Either take turns reading a book out loud together (great for little ones) or start a family book club)
- Have dinner outside
- Play a game of basketball
- Go to a baseball game
- Play hide and go seek
- Cook breakfast together
- Make a craft
- Pick up litter
- Check out a local museum
- Go to a park and have a picnic
- Have a garage sale
- Make your own pizza, pizza night
- Rent a movie, pop some popcorn and have an at home movie night
- Wake up early Saturday morning and go garage sale hopping