New Year Resolutions

Learn to Love Yourself in the New Year

New Year Resolutions


Will Your Resolutions Allow You to Love Yourself?

Today is the last day of 2018. If you haven’t already, it’s time to reflect on last year’s resolutions and how you accomplished or didn’t accomplish them. If you accomplished your goals, congratulations!  If you didn’t, maybe they weren’t realistic. What if setting high resolution goals isn’t for you?  It’s totally possible and it’s totally okay.

It is estimated that under 10% of people who set resolution goals will actually follow through on their resolutions. The other 90% are known to fail and after a few weeks, they tend to shrug off their once anticipated dreams and goals.

Many people set high expectations for themselves like ‘losing 20 lbs’ or ‘putting away extra money each month’. Other popular goals include spending more time with family and experiencing more travel. The first two aren’t high on the charts as far as success rates go, but the second two are. If losing weight or putting money aside is important to you, start with trying to lose 10 lbs instead of 20 and put away $20 each month instead of trying to put away $100. Keeping your goals but setting lower limits will allow you to succeed and when you succeed, you’ll be proud of yourself instead of disappointed in yourself.

This year my goals are to not let people walk all over me, learn how to say “no”, travel more, spend more time with my family, take on jobs and opportunities that intimidate me (for challenge and growth) and to change my hair style (my hair style has been the same for a few years now). For me, these are challenges but challenges I know I can do. Instead of making high demands on myself, I also plan to be easier on myself and to allow myself some freedom between decisions and tough situations. You know, learn to love myself. Somehow we lose that self-love each time someone craps on us or when a personal goal isn’t met. If you’re a perfectionist like me, then you know exactly what I mean.

So, how about you do the same?  Set goals for yourself that you know you can do. Goals that allow you to love yourself in 2019.  You deserve to be loved so start the new year off by loving yourself first. I’m certain success will follow.  Let’s try it together!


Disclosure – This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Detroit Mommies and allow us to keep reporting on all things Mommies love.

shannonl lazovski interviews celebrities

Shannon Lazovski

Owner & Senior Editor of Detroit Mommies, Shannon has 20 years of experience in the digital marketing space specializing in the subjects of fashion, beauty, travel & parenting. She obtained Detroit Mommies in 2017 and has been perfecting its digital footprint and sharing her reviews, parenting advice, and offering local Michigan event announcements ever since. Shannon is also the Senior Fashion & Beauty Editor of and is known for her original fashion, beauty & travel blog, Glamorous Moms now As a writer, Shannon is known for her service & product reviews, travel reviews, fashion & beauty trends, and styling advice for women and moms on the go. She is currently the President & Founder of the Glamorous Moms Foundation, the CEO of the beauty brand Glameselle, and has been awarded the Elite 40 under 40 award and featured on numerous print and television media outlets both locally and nationally.

You may also like...